VPE PTA Scholarship - Cathy Crum Bell & Amy McVey
Each year the PTA offers two scholarships to graduating seniors who completed their fifth-grade year and promoted from Veterans Park Elementary. Please see the below information regarding the scholarship. Further information will be posted on the VPE website.
All applicants for the Cathy Crum Bell Scholarship and Amy McVey Scholarship must meet the following requirements:
1. Must be in their senior year in a high school within Fayette County
2. Must have been promoted from the fifth grade at Veterans Park Elementary
3. Once the scholarship is awarded, it must be used the following fall term. The check will be written directly to the college or university.
Criteria for awarding the scholarship
Applications will be evaluated by a committee composed of at least 3 people outside the Veterans Park Community. Two winners will be selected by the committee based on:
● Academic Record/ GPA
● Extracurricular Activities, Achievements, Leadership Abilities
● Clarity of written essay Applicant Submission Applicants should submit the following for consideration.
● This application form (required)
● A 300 – 500-word essay describing a staff member or an event from your time at Veterans Park Elementary that contributed to your success in middle or high school (required)
● Copy of high school transcript: through 7th semester (required)
● Any other information pertaining to extracurricular achievements, demonstration of leadership abilities, etc. (optional but recommended, see criteria)
All applications must be RECEIVED by March 22, 2024 at the address below. Any applications received at the school after March 22, 2024 will NOT be considered. To ensure you meet the deadline please mail in time or drop off your application at VPE before March 22, 2024.
Please fill out and return this APPLICATION